Friday, January 7, 2011

Inspirations - Herakut

Hera and Akut   

Street Art



"Of Frankfurt and Erfurt, Germany, respectively, Hera and Akut emerged as two of the strongest young voices on the contemporary street art scene. Their individual techniques are very different, but they do indeed compliment each other. Artwork featured tonight will include a combination of spray paint with charcoal, watercolors, and other paints on a variety of media, including wood, canvas, and paper. The gallery will be transformed into a work of art in itself, as Hera and Akut run wild and create a large-scale installation in the space."

- www.laist.com

Here is a look at Herakut, one of my favorite art duos. I picked up a book in the library and now I have been doing studies of their work to try to incorporate their style in my own work. I liked the way that their work had photo-realistic elements with a dreamy edge and quality of line.

No comments:

Post a Comment